Roasted Cinnamon Cardamom Spiced Apples
This quick and easy recipe is a great way to use crisp varieties of apples such as Fuji, Granny Smith, and Honeycrisp for a sweet topping for dessert, solo in a bowl, or with breakfast toppings for oatmeal, pancakes and more. Ready within 30 minutes and handful of ingredients and great to store for during the week as part of your meal prep.
- 8 cups peeled and cored apples, sliced or diced
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Cardamon spice blend
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon cold grass fed butter or Miyokoscreamery vegan butter cut into little cubes
I like to cook this using a cast iron skillet but you can also line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone silpat
Preheat your oven 400°F.
In a large bowl, toss together apple slices or chunks with the Pumpkin Cardamom, brown sugar, lemon juice and sea salt until the apples are well coated. Scrape the contents of the bowl onto the prepared baking sheet so the apples are in a single layer.
Scatter the butter cubes around the tray.
Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the apples from the oven, give the apples a good stir, and then place back in the oven to roast for another 5-10 minutes, until the apples are soft and golden but not mushy.
Enjoy warm, cold, or at room temperature!
There are so many delicious ways to eat this apple goodness. Give these a try:
• Baked inside muffins
• Add to the center of pie crust, fold edges, and bake for a quick and easy galette
• Make your own fruit at the bottom yogurt using coconut milk based or other plantbased yogurt.