Cardamom Cashew Dairy Free Ice Cream
In honor of National Ice Cream Day! Try this creamy Cardamom Cashew Dairy Free ice cream. Only takes 30 minutes and some chill time.
What you need:
* 2 14-ounce cans coconut cream OR full- fat coconut milk (chilled overnight in the fridge // Trader Joe's coconut cream or Thai Kitchen coconut milk)
* 14-16 ounces pitted Medjool dates (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes then drain)
* 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 tsp @iamlenskitchen Pumpkin + Cardamom spice blend
* 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
* 2 Tablespoons crushed cashews or walnuts or pistachios
* Place a large mixing bowl in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
* In the meantime, pitted dates to a food processor and process until small bits remain. Then add hot water a little at a time until it forms a thick paste. Set aside.
* Without tipping the cans, scoop out the coconut cream from the cans of coconut cream OR coconut milk, reserving the clear liquid for other uses. Place in chilled mixing bowl.
* Using a mixer, whip until creamy and smooth. Then add vanilla, almond milk, Pumpkin + Cardamom spice blend and half of the date paste. Whip until fully incorporated.
* Taste and adjust flavors as needed. Adding more date paste for more sweetness and adjust spices accordingly as well.
* Transfer to a parchment paper lined freezer-safe container and cover loosely with plastic wrap, then foil to help freeze.
* You can take this out in a couple of hours for a mousse-like ice cream. Freeze overnight for a firmer ice cream.
* Set out for at least 20 minutes prior to scooping, and use a scoop warmed under hot water for a proper scoop.
* Will keep in the freezer for up to one week, but best when fresh.